Just for a moment. For the next 2 minutes you’re just an ordinary person who’ve just heard about a new salon from a friend. You want to find out
Just for a moment.
For the next 2 minutes you’re just an ordinary person who’ve just heard about a new salon from a friend.
You want to find out if this new salon is something for you.
Now go to your salon’s website (if you have one..).
- What’s the first thing that comes to your mind when you see the website? Note it down.
- What action do you want to take when you’ve landed on this salon’s website?
The answers to these two questions are crucial..
The feeling you have when you land on the website is the same as what almost all your potential new clients will have in their first interaction with you.
The action you want to take after you land on the website is also the action that a big part the visitors will take.
You want to make sure that feeling is consistent with the experience you want your salon to deliver. And you want the action visitors want to take to be booking an appointment (and not hitting their browsers back button).
Do you think your salon’s website is doing a good enough job on the above?
If you do, you’ve just saved yourself some time and you can read another article instead.
If you think your website could be doing a better job (or you don’t have one already) you’ve landed in the right place.
In this article, I’ll take you through, step-by-step, how you can create a show-stopping, beautiful, website for your salon.
And I don’t mean just a pretty online brouchure that present your salon. I mean a website that moves people from being just a website visitor into booking their next appointment with you.
And the best part is:
You don’t need to be a computer geek to do this. Even without any technical knowledge, you can create a professional website that’ll start bringing in more new clients for you.
But even if it’s easy, creating your salon’s website yourself is not always the best option. So let’s first look at the alternatives.
Hiring a Salon Marketing Agency to Build Your Website vs. Creating your Salon’s Website Yourself
This is a common dilemma for salon owners.
There’s many good website builders for salons available today that allow you to create a professional looking website yourself without the need of any technical skills. I’ll show you, step-by-step, how you can do this in this article. You’ll also get some important advice for how you can ensure your website isn’t just a pretty online showroom of your salon but a destination that get you more new clients.
Creating your salon’s website yourself will for sure be the cheapest solution if you think about money invest alone. However, if you take into account the total cost of your time as well as how much sales the website will generate you in the future if done by a pro, you may be better off giving it to an marketing agency for salons..
When Should you use an Agency to Create your Salon’s Website?
The benefit of having an salon marketing agency do the work for you are:
- Save time: You can get a professional looking salon website created fast using a salon website builder if you follow the pre-defined templates and formats. But you’ll notice that when you want some specific design features, you’ll soon end up spending time to figure out how to get it done.
- Improve effectiveness: There are many features and tweaks that can be done to a salon’s website to make it more effective at generating new salon clients. It takes time to learn all this. So if you want to make sure you get a powerful website up fast, it can be a good idea to get and agency with experience of working with salons to do the work for you.
- Perfect the design: You want the look of your website to be at the same high standard as the services you offer in your salon. I’m not saying you cannot create beautiful websites yourself (I’ll show you how). But just like a web designer will never be able to do as good nail art or hair styles as you, a web designer can do design work that is more difficult for an untrained eye to do.
So in short:
If you’re on a budget or have an interest in learning a bit of web development, you should create your website yourself. If you have the budget and rather spend your time doing other thing, you should go with a salon marketing company. Whatever you choose, the return on investment will be significant.
How Much does it Cost to Create a Website for a Salon?
If you create the website yourself, you should budget $600 for a good basic salon website including one year of service cost. If you decide to use an agency, you should expect to pay $3,000-$5,000 for the creation of the salon website and then about $300/ month for support. For sure, some agencies will ask for more but then it should really be for something extraordinary.
Independently on if you decide to use a digital agency to create your salon’s website or if you’ll do it yourself, this article will be helpful for you. You’ll learn all the steps needed to create a website yourself and this knowledge will also equip you with better understanding on what you should expect from your agency if you decide to go down that route. We’re working on the next content on this.